The french couple that visited us made this for us Sunday and, oh my, it was delicious. I had to have the recipe. And now, I give it to you. It is pretty simple and quite delectable. I am planning to make this for Thanksgiving.
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2/3 Cup Butter (soft)
2/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix, with your hands, flour, brown sugar, and butter breaking it up until it looks like sand. You can add oats and/or coconut if you so desire.
3. Put the apples, banana, and chocolate chips (cut into bite size pieces) on the bottom of a 12"x8" glass pan.
Optional: walnuts, pecans, other nuts or different fruit such as raspberries or peaches.
4. Put the flour/sugar/butter mix on top of the fruit.
5. Cook for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Adding vanilla ice cream and carmel sauce is option, but recommended.