Hello Hello. My weekend advanture was quite lovely. We went to Lambayaque and to the Museo Tumbas Reales de Sipan. It is rated one of the top ten museums to travel to. It's Peru's newest major museum. The outside mirrors ancient pyramids and the inside levels mirror the levels in which the artifacts were excavated from the tomb of Sipan. It is one of Peru's most important discoveries. It is about 1,700 years old and it's unbelieveable how well preserved the artifacts are. The second picture is of ceramic pots found in the tomb full of offerings. I wish I could have taken pictures of the jewelry or ceremonial artifacts but alas, cameras were not allowed. We spent about three hours in the museum. And the mesuem is filled with only one man's tomb (ganted about 20 other people were killed and burried with him...).
It was an incredible weekend. After the museum we went to some pyramids which are currently being escavated. The top picture is of me on the top of one of the 26 pyramids at this site in Tucume. It was quite windy up there.
Enough about my weekend. Let's start this week off right with some "thank you's" and some "congratulations".
Thank you for giving me awards the past little while. I am so flattered and excited that people are reading and enjoying my blog! That's just plain fabulous.
I am going to pass on the Sugar Doll Award to some delightful bloggers. It comes with some guidelines though... Say seven things about yourself and pass it on to seven lovely ladies.
So about me....
1. I love wearing dresses because they are not constricting like pants and I feel beautifully feminine in them. (They are like sweatpants for me but prettier).
2. I can watch a whole season of a show in a weekend (The Office Season Two was my first victim, or I it's, Christmas Beak '06 with my little sister).
.3. I am relatively quiet but I am fiery.
4. I worked at a Wilderness Therapy Program for two summers sleeping under the stars and hiking every day with young adults suffering from addiction. Changed my life.
5. I adore Audrey Hepburn (bet you couldn't guess that).
6. I am a horrible speller.
7. I have a hard time pronouncing the words "toaster strudel", it often comes out "toashtel strudderl". I now refuse to say it. Do you have a word or a phrase that's hard to say? Please say yes so I don't feel as dumb.