2.02.2010

Curiosity

The Coveted Book & My Lovely Bookmark.

                                      

Currently I am reading the book "What Should I Do With My Life?" by Po Bronson
Which he explains       
“It’s about people who’ve dared to be honest with themselves” (intro pg. xix).

When I get home from Peru I get to push the "start over" button. I don't have a job waiting. I have a blank slate.  Which is scary but exciting.  What do I want to do with my life?  It's the perfect book for this time in my life right?

The book talks about not ignoring the things that come natural to us and what makes us truly happy.  Usually the answer is right in front of us but we tend to ignore it because it might seem "impractical". I don't want to settle for any old job when I get back.  But what do I want?  What's my dream job? What makes me happy?

I really Enjoyed this quote from the book:

·      “Curiosity is a raw and genuine sign from deep inside our tangled phsyches, and we’d do well to follow the direction it points us in.” (pg. 5)

So, here are some curiosities of mine:
sewing
fashion
crafts
nature
organizing
listening to others
designing
drawing

Hmmm.  What to do.






2 comments:

The Davis Duo said...

Bean DIP!
I miss you. . .
Just wanted you to know.
My wife and I are going to come visit you in Peru!
Okay.
You are there until?

Thank you

tifsong said...

http://www.you-are-beautiful.com/NEWS.htm

you're amazing. :)

Find Maeberry Vintage Clothing Store online at maeberryvintage.etsy.com or at our Salt Lake City, Utah location 207 East Broadway (300 South) in the lower level of Now & Again.