11.25.2009

Good Crafternoon

I have fallen in LOVE with many craft blogger sites.  I have spent many hours searching the web for cute ideas for Christmas and gifts in general.  There are a lot of common ideas floating around the web using fabric to make flowers to embellish tees or add on a necklace or, my favorite, to make "unique" headbands (unique considering I am copying someone's idea off the web....).  I recently had time (I know, I didn't have anything president  - besides dishes.... but....) and I decided to take over the front room and bust out my craft supplies.  Chase was happy...  scraps of fabric, ribbon, and buttons galore covered the couch, the coffee table, and the floor.  


I wanted to share some of what I have started on.  
First, the necklace I made combining a couple different ideas:




Supplies:

Two Old Pearl Necklaces
Ribbon (To add length to the necklace- hot glue it to the end of the necklace)
1 1/2" ribbon (for the flower)
One Pearl Button (for center of flower)
Glue Gun
Needle and Thread (To make flower)
Safety Pin (To attach flower onto necklace- can be detached)
Felt (To glue on back of flower- hold safety pin)

Here is a link to a tutorial on the ribbon/ fabric flower:
http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-make-ribbon-flowers.html






No comments:

Find Maeberry Vintage Clothing Store online at maeberryvintage.etsy.com or at our Salt Lake City, Utah location 207 East Broadway (300 South) in the lower level of Now & Again.