11.25.2008

A Love Story





Chase purposed on the rainy morning of Saturday October 4, 2008.  We were supposed to have a sunrise hike at Tony Grove up Logan Canyon.  That turned into a muddy walk around the beautiful lake at Tony Grove.  It was still raining while we walked around the lake in the bitter cold. A stray hunting dog decided to join as and tag along for the adventure. When we got to the other side of the lake, Chase and I took shelter under the pines from the rain.  I was freezing.   Chase grabbed my frozen hands and put them in his coat pocket.  That is when he put the ring in my hand and got down on one knee.  I was in shock.  I blame the cold weather for the slow reaction I had.  


He asked  I said yes.  We only have three weeks from today until we are wed in the Salt Take temple.  Although it has only been a month and a half since the proposal, it feels like forever! I can't wait for December 16th. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

When I find a new blog I like, I read it from beginning to end. (It's compulsive, I know. *lol*) Anyway, I just had to comment on this--so sweet! Sounds like you and your husband are like us...we got married exactly two months after he engaged and one year after we met. So glad you have your happy ever after! And I'm loving your blog!

Find Maeberry Vintage Clothing Store online at maeberryvintage.etsy.com or at our Salt Lake City, Utah location 207 East Broadway (300 South) in the lower level of Now & Again.